Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The death of clutter

Well the big move is over. My office now resides in another building, one with very few lunch options and a further walk to and from the metro. However, it will be close to a Baskin Robbins, so I can become more and more of an addict and the longer walk will be necessary just to keep me from developing cankles and a waddle. We currently have no internet, so I had to bring in my laptop and sign-up for a free month of NetZero just to check my email. We are all going through withdrawal, I think. I also can no longer just pop into my bank on my way to work and I THINK we might even be several blocks from a Starbucks. Sigh. And now we have to unpack everything we just packed last night. I did wind up getting wet on my way out of the building, because one of the guys we used to share offices with decided to bring a super-soaker to work. It was kind of fun. :-)

Now I am completely exhausted, plus I think I'm fighting off some kind of bug. A few people in my office don't feel so hot, plus SB's coworkers are all sick too. Which makes me sad, because I really want him to tell one of his coworkers about the light-up shoes and she's been out because of illness. I REALLY want to know what her reaction is. I imagine it as very funny.

2 comments:

Liberal Banana said...

We're moving offices tomorrow, too! But just to another floor in our building. I'll be in a much cooler office (one wall is ORANGE and there's a CAPPUCINO MACHINE!!!) and I can't wait to make my new space "hip." I think I might get a little plant and only put up black and white photos. Maybe I'll take pictures and post them when it's all put together!

Rebecca said...

You get a cappucino machine?! Dude. We don't even have a microwave... or a water service. It sucks.