Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Broken promises

Well, I promised myself that I wouldn't talk about my job on here, since it seems that it can be a bit dangerous. I don't care anymore. My supervisors are just being completely ridiculous. And if you read this, hello! You are being ridiculous!! See, what mainly started the whole souring of the office atmosphere was one person. She felt frustrated with her work, the office's supposed views, and the many hypocrisies that are hidden in our actual policies. She decided that she didn't need any of this; she'd had enough. So she decided to resign. Now remember, this is a single digit office. We don't have that many people. And we like to chat. So when both higher level people were out of the office, she talked about it a lot. We knew what she was thinking, what she was going through. In doing so, she brought out the frustration hidden inside of us. Or at least me. She turned in her letter of resignation over a week ago. They still have not told me. I think they expect me not to know. They just told my other coworker Friday. And the thing is, it's not like we have people ready and waiting to do the person's work. We all have to rebalance it. She leaves in two weeks. And they actually think I don't know?! Give me a break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work sucks! Why didn't anyone tell us?

Oh wait. They did. Nevermind.

I think we need to go fencing in order to relieve frustration. When are you going to teach me?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and I feel like I'm cheating on livejournal when I comment here.

It makes me feel like such a blog whore.

Rebecca said...

Ha ha! I made you cheat on lj! Did I ever tell you that I know one of the FIRST lj users? She was number 6.

And I'm totally up for fencing lessons. Anytime. You and me. Followed by archery lessons. But I'm not coming to Chicago...