Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Warm-up Pants!!!!


Note the crazy eyes in this picture. This is what I wake up to every morning.

Today has been a day of ups and downs. First of all, we must say farewell to Belligerent Intellectual of the Daily Dump who left us so abruptly and with only juicy tidbits of an explanation. He is the only blog I've ever read that has groupies. I mean, seriously. Women offering themselves up to him. Of course, it's all online so one can be racier than usual. But still. I won't say that I'll work more with him gone (because, really. Let's face it. I'll do as much work as I want to do or have to do, but no more, and I can really find other distractions if I need to). But it does make me sad. So Dan, if I weren't lazy, I would offer up a montage of your funnier stories. Too bad that I am and therefore will not. Instead, I will pass out in a drunken stupor tonight in honor of you. (Not really. I do have work tomorrow and have never passed out and really, I'm not sure a blog passing is a good reason to start. Or deal with a hangover.)

In good news, I heard back from a professor of whom I asked grad school advice and a recommendation. After the whole Oxford tutor thing, I was feeling a bit panicked. Because if my tutor in Oxford tried to claim that he didn't know my work well enough, anyone could. But this professor remembered me (another worry), a presentation I did for his class, gave me advice, AND said he'd write me a recommendation. So I can breathe a sigh of relief. There was a reason he was my favorite prof. (That and he was totally cute in a nerdy way and I had a crush on him and was kind of tempted to stalk him by taking like 4 classes with him...)

Speaking of college crushes, someone got here by googling Tom Coverdale. Which got them into my archives, because Tom was FOREVER ago, but it made me laugh. And wonder how many pages they had to go through. Sigh. That was such a golden spring for me. Crushes galore, a flirtation, a championship run and rioting... And the wonderful WARM-UP PANTS (I totally yelled that randomly in college). I would totally get SB a pair of those if they weren't like $125. Because something about them is hot. Those of you who don't agree? Well, I just don't care.

4 comments:

Beakerz said...

ok, those pants are straight scary...even if you were a clown ;)

the kitty. Looks SOO much like my kitty. Well, mine is without the crazy look. My lord. Does he crave food That much upon waking?

Worse than mine who talks and talks and talks!

Anonymous said...

come back to indiana and you can see those warm-up pants every game night *and* go to grad school...besides, who wouldn't want to live so close to her best friend? :)
luck, dear.
-whit

Rebecca said...

Needtsza: The pants look much better on... at least I think so.:-) And I don't know why Cassie has the crazy look. She gets fed right before I go to bed, so she can't be hungry. I think she gets bored at night and then wants to play. She definitely is a talker, though. Constantly meowing. Rarely purrs, though...

Whit: Yeah... I don't know about IU. If anyone could tempt me to come back, you know it's you. But I don't know that I can pick a school soley based on that...

Liberal Banana said...

Sorry that I'm so late in commenting! With the vacation ending and the back to real life in full swing, I'm digging out of a virtual PILE of blogs to read. (WHY? WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF??) So here's what I have to say to this post: Daily Dump is going away? Kitty is very scary! And those pants and just horrendous. They look like they were made from a circus tent. :)