Friday, November 17, 2006

So I've about had it with this community's/city's/country's obsession with size. I've read a few too many blogger entries with lines such as, "ew... she's such a cow," and "what a bloated whale carcus" (last one's word for word). Yet a woman in Brazil DIES from being too skinny, and I don't think anyone would have made fun of the way she looks. In fact, I was frightened by the fact that I didn't think she looked that bad in the pictures I saw of her. Her BMI was 13, she weighed as much as a 12-year-old girl should, but societally? Looked normal. You know what, DC? I would rather be overweight than starving myself to fit your stupid, superficial ideas of what a woman should look like. Grow up and expand your mind like a centimeter...

6 comments:

honeykbee said...

I'm quite sick of it, too. Entirely too much discussion about what a "proper bangable size" is. Disgusting. Couldnt agree more *stands and applauds*

Anonymous said...

I get sick of how much emphasis is placed on "babes" being "hot" by guys that are fat, ugly, and stupid. Why do ugly dudes think they deserve "hot babes"?

Anonymous said...

I refuse to like anyone who weighs more than 100 lbs. and enjoys food. Take that! :-p

Rebecca said...

honeykbee: It's just ridiculous. Like they think they are so good that any girl they want will just spread their legs for them.

Jess: I know. You know what, stupid guys?! You don't meet MY standards, so stop judging me.

emily: Well, that's sad. Because I know you weigh more than 100 lbs and so do I and I thought you liked yourself and me... [pouts] Australia must have tainted you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Our friendship is built upon a foundation of lies and self-loathing!

Actually, I spend a lot less time caring about what people think about me than in HS or college (or even a year ago). I’m done caring about the thoughts of shallow people…most of the time.

Rebecca said...

Lies!!! LIES!!!!!

And that's good. I try not to care. There's still some self-trepidation, though.