Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hidden Insults

My boss just walked by and told me that she "liked me so much better with short hair." I'm not impressed. We'll just see what she says if I dye it all funky.

So, yeah, I'm totally stressed out. This whole thing with SB (still in limbo) is driving me nuts. I might just resolve it all by killing him. Not really, because then I'd be really sad AND in jail, but some shaking might occur. Or beating with a pillow. Also, I'm still trying to decide on which school. It's between two, my first choice, and my second. Now, you could say that I should automatically go with my first choice. But should I? I picked it as my first primarily on gut reaction. Now I have to put thought into it. I've talked to current students there. My second choice students have not gotten back to me. Which is a negative in their column. I'd have to move for second choice. But second choice is bigger, has more options for classes, and a better career guidance organization. First choice is smaller, which means fewer options but also more personal attention. It would be a different experience after a big school for undergrad. It is a bigger name school, which would look good on my resume. It doesn't have much career guidance. Costs are comparable. It's all just confusing. I feel like Rory Gilmore with her lists...

Which, speaking of... I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE ENDING THE SHOW!!! And only two weeks before the last episode?! I needed time to say goodbye. Two weeks is not enough goodbye time. The Gilmore Girls is now a part of my life. There shall be a hole in my life which cannot be filled by any sitcom. I may just give up on non-documentary tv...

3 comments:

sunchaser said...

I'm sorry, but if your boss doesn't fit the perfect description of "nasty bitch," to a T, no-one ever would. But don't dye it just because of her!

I have a hard time making decisions sometimes too (and especially the life-altering ones that it sounds like you're struggling with) It sounds like you have a pros/cons list. Did you put it down on paper? Sometimes this helps me with decisions by allowing me to visualize the pros/cons better.

I went to a small liberal arts colleage (very, very small), and was pretty glad that I did. I got much more attention than my elder sister who went to the big state school (by her own choice). She came up to see me once and was extremely envious of the student life at my school as compared with hers (no sororities at my school, but they fraternity/sorority system was dominant where she went also).

Will you have a chance to visit both schools before having to decide? That can help tremendously.

And remember, you can always transfer if you decide you don't like the one you pick (it's not like it's a lifetime commitment)

I'm sure you'll make the right decision though! ;)

Anonymous said...

I’m actually glad that GG is ending. I don’t think the show has been as good this season and I’d like to see the show end while it is good and not drag on in a slow decline.

Then again, I read about the series ending on CNN.com a week ago, so I’ve had time to adjust to the idea.

Rebecca said...

Sunchaser: Thanks for the advice. I haven't actually put the list down on paper, just thought about it. Maybe I'll try and see if it helps. And I can visit both campuses, as they are both local to me. I just haven't, partly because I'm lazy and partly because of work.

I wouldn't do ANYTHING because of my boss. Except quit, which I get to do soon enough. One of my friends is pushing hard for the highlights and, hey, it seems kind of fun.

emily: Yeah, I'm not actually horribly upset because the show's ending. More because I think they should have told us much earlier. Like at Christmas.