Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I'm not Bon Jovi.

Facebook is a strange beast. Today I had a guy friend me. This guy and I have a long and sordid history. We met online in 8th grade, back when that sort of thing wasn't done. He took me to my senior prom, we stayed in touch for a good portion of college. He kind of became friends with some of my other friends. Then we had a falling out. A pretty serious one, leading to me deciding that talking to him wasn't good for me and wasn't worth my time. Not to be mean about it, but he hurt my feelings and then not only didn't seem sorry about it, but twisted everything to try and make it my fault. Which is not cool with me. Hurt my feelings, yes, people can do that. I mean, you can't always know what's going to hurt someone. You might not agree that it is worth being hurt over. But to not want to apologize, to not feel bad for hurting someone? That I just don't get.

But maybe he's grown up some. Maybe he just wants more friends on Facebook. The whole thing is a little strange, though. Being tracked down by someone you had cut out of your life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, give him the "limited profile" just to get back at him.

Rebecca said...

I could, but... really. I think he's just not even worth the effort. Plus I already said he could see the whole thing. To change at this point in the game seems a little sad.

HomeImprovementNinja said...

I don't know how facebook or myspace works (I can barely work the google), so I don't know the ettiquette. But why don't you just ignore it? If he emails you, ignore it. If he comments, ignore it. It's not worth your time.

Rebecca said...

I'm not going to tell you how out of it that makes you sound...

And I am sadly suspect to nostalgia. He was a jerk, but I do have some fond memories...