Monday, June 21, 2010

Socially Awkward

Every once in a while, I have moments that make me feel 14 again. And not in the good way. In the "omg, wtf did I do THAT?" way. The way that makes you feel thisbig. And it always happens when I'm tired and stressed and feeling vulnerable. Which means I'm very sensitive. Which means I do something that makes me feel even more tired and stressed and vulnerable. And then I feel like a moron. Which I REALLY hate.

Not that most people like feeling like morons. but my own particular aversion to being wrong is well-known. I've always been like that, or at least for as long as I can remember. I would do ANYTHING to avoid feeling like that. Especially when there is nothing I can do. I have screwed up at work. And there is a sinking feeling you get when you realize that you made a mistake. But that stresses me out in one way. Social awkwardness stresses me out immensely more, mainly because there is no fix. There is only continuing through the awkwardness...

In other news, I was interviewed about my blog. I feel so special! I mean, not as special as when I was in the Express. But you, you DOZENS of readers. Have led me to this.

8 comments:

The Frizzy Hooker said...

Panicking while wearing white pants a few days before my cycle made me feel 14 again, recently.

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raul Gonzales said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annah said...

We all have our moments... and BLOG INTERVIEWS ROCK!

Mike Thomas said...

Rebecca,

I am writing to ask for your permission to include your posts on
DCguide.com and include a link to your blog in our directory. We would
include a link back to your blog fully crediting you for your work
along with a profile about you listed on DCguide.com . Please let us
know as soon as possible.

Mike@dcguide.com

Mike Thomas
Editor-in-Chief
DCguide.com

Road Trips from the dashboard of Erin and Sara said...

14 again definitely can understand why it makes you feel awkward not excited!
~Keep Blogging

T.P.S said...

I have that feeling at least once a day. It's Horrible, the only way around It I've found is to just not think about it, no matter how hard it may seem.