Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Why Stupid People Shouldn't Breed

I worry about this country's future. No, not even the country, the whole freaking world. One reason: because we are obviously all going to die because of our complete reaming of the natural world. I mean, look. Earth is only going to take so much crap. It's like when you are really tired or relaxed and a bug crawls on you. Eventually, though, the tickeling is going to annoy you enough that you are going to move and smoosh the bug. We are the bug.

Another reason I worry. Teens today are not intelligent. I'm not saying that my generation was better or the generation before that. Maybe, in fact, the problem is not intelligence. Maybe the problem is that they are too creative for their own intelligence levels. This is a group of people who think that it is safer to abuse prescription drugs than illegal drugs. 31% think that there is nothing wrong with using prescription drugs recreationally once in a while and 29% think they aren't addictive. Now, come on, teens. I know you can read. READ THE LABELS!! Why do you think there are so many warnings? And why do all these parents have presciption painkillers lying around? I mean, the only time I got them was when I had surgery and those I promptly lost. (I now know where they are, but only because I had a mad search for batteries teh other day which involved going through every random crap place in my apartment and I got excited because I thought maybe I had more allergy medicine than I thought.) Then, the teens that know that drugs are bad? They are suffocating themselves in the "choking game." Because depriving your brain of oxygen is somehow not bad? Personally, I can't remember a time when I thought choking myself or my friends (maybe my brother, though, but that was just to shut him up) was a good idea.

Luckily, movies like Akeelah and the Bee restore my faith in and hope for humanity. It was just so cute! Like Spellbound only without the boring parts. And it has Crabman in it. How can you not love Crabman?!

Also, in joyous humanitiness, my sister-in-law's brother, who is like the greatest guy ever, got engaged this weekend. I once bet him a dollar that he couldn't jump over a seven-foot long mud puddle and not only did he do it, he didn't make me pay him the dollar. I'm so happy for him that it's sad.

2 comments:

Liberal Banana said...

You know, this post might go hand in hand with your last post...People who don't believe in using birth control. They shouldn't breed but they're the most likely to!

Rebecca said...

Yeah. I was all for buying Australia and shipping all the stupid people there. Because I don't think that we should PUNISH them for being stupid, but it'd be nice for them to all be contained together on an island... Away from us. Then if they overbred, they'd run out of food and the natural cycle would work itself out.