Monday, April 08, 2002

I'm a little disturbed by how good I look as a guy. I know, several of you don't understand that. So I'll explain. I went to a murder mystery birthday party for a girl I don't really know. The reason I went was because Emily asked me to. And I was like why not. Well, we were supposed to dress up and I was playing a guy. So I got Peggy to help me. My hair is stuck back into a ponytail, I have mascara pretending to be facial hair and eye-brow pencil to make my eye-brows bigger. And if I didn't have boobs or hips, I could totally pass for a guy. It freaks me out everytime I look in the mirror. Kind of sad, though, that I look better as a guy than as a girl...
Anyway, just got back from Emily's. I love Emily. She somehow gets me to talk about things that I don't normally talk about. Consequently, she is the one who gets me closest to crying. Someday I'm going to break down in front of her and then ruin my record of having no one who can say that I have really cried in front of them. And crying at movies does NOT count. Totally different. But it's good for me.
One of the things we talked about was how guys don't give enough compliments. I don't think guys understand how much girls need that. I was trying to remember, but I don't think I can think of a seriously genuine compliment from a guy. Ever. And that makes me sad. And it should make all the guys I know ashamed.

No comments: